Free Support for Parents to Build Strong Families
Let professional and highly trained home visitors support you and your family on your journey to success. Utilizing the nationally recognized SafeCare model, you will receive weekly visits that are divided into core focus areas: parent-child interaction, health and home safety. In each focus area or module, you will build on and strengthen your skills through a variety of interactive sessions.
In addition to enhancing your confidence and knowledge around parenting, you will also gain access to important community supports and have opportunities to take part in structured problem-solving activities as needed. SafeCare is the ideal partner for you and your family to strengthen the foundation for your family’s and children’s success. SafeCare is an evidence-based program that offers free help to families with young children.
Benefits of SafeCare:
- Evidence-based program;
- Free to participate;
- Establish a partnership with your family that supports positive parent-child interactions;
- Development screenings for your child;
- Connect you with community supports that meet your family’s needs;
- And much more.
Eligibility Requirements of SafeCare:
- Families must have a child birth to five years old;
- Participation is voluntary.
A Parent is a Child’s First Teacher
Your children have so much potential. As a parent, you have a unique opportunity to be their first teacher. That’s because most brain development occurs in the first few years of life, and you can make a difference. Parents As Teachers will show you how. Our Home Visitors will provide you with resources appropriate for your child’s stage of development. Through Parents As Teachers, you’ll develop a stronger relationship with your child and help prepare them for academic success.
Parents as Teachers is a free program for all parents with children younger than 5 years old. Learn how to effectively and meaningfully interact with your child to help them develop intellectually and emotionally and to help you form a deeper relationship and bond with your child.
Benefits of Parents As Teachers:
- This program is evidence-based and proven to work.
- Children who feel safe, healthy, and cared for can thrive.
- We’ll catch possible developmental challenges early on.
- We’ll connect you with a variety of community resources.
- Fun activities will deepen your relationship with your child.
Eligibility Requirements of Parents As Teachers:
- All parents-to-be and parents with children younger than 5 years old.
Parenting Help from Healthcare Professionals
Children don’t come with an instructional guide. So it’s only normal that new mothers face challenges and doubt. In times like these, someone is here to help you. Nurse-Family Partnership is a community healthcare program that will connect you with a nurse home visitor. Through the visits, you will learn how you can best care for your child. Our goal is to help you become confident and assured in your parenting skills, so you and your child can look forward to a better future.
Nurse-Family Partnership is a free, evidence-based program designed to help pregnant women become successful, self-reliant mothers. Our home visitor nurses start working with first-time mothers while they are pregnant to prepare them for the challenges and the joys of motherhood. We help you develop new skills and feel confident in taking care of your child’s physical and emotional needs.
Benefits of Nurse-Family Partnership:
- This is an evidence-based program proven to work.
- We provide you with a variety of free educational resources.
- We build on the parenting skills you already have to help you become self-reliant.
Eligibility Requirements for the Nurse-Family Partnership:
- Prenatal first-time mothers less than 28 weeks pregnant.
- Not enrolled in any other home visiting program.
- Income-based requirements based on household size.
Build a Healthy Family by Being a Healthy Parent
Everyone who is having a baby can feel overwhelmed. It’s important to know that it’s ok to ask for help, especially if you’re experiencing a number of challenges. Healthy Families Arizona is a free program that helps mothers and fathers become the best parents they can be. A Home Visitor will get to know you, and connect you with services based on your specific situation. The Home Visitor will work with you as needed throughout the first five years of your child’s life. Our goal is to build on your parenting skills and support you in your desire to make your family stronger.
Healthy Families Arizona is a free program designed to help pregnant women as well as mothers and fathers with their newborn baby and until the child is 2 years old. Our home visitors will help parents build the skills necessary to raise healthy, happy children and create a strong family. Healthy Families Arizona can help you if you feel you experience any barriers or obstacles to successful parenting.
Benefits of Healthy Families Arizona:
- We link families with community resources, health care, childcare, and housing.
- We help parents obtain education and employment.
- We provide child development, nutrition and safety education.
- We teach and support positive parent-child interaction.
- We provide developmental screenings to infants and referrals to resources if developmental delays are identified.
- We provide emotional support and encouragement to parents.
Eligibility Requirements of Healthy Families Arizona:
- Pregnant women and parents of newborns who face challenges that might be an obstacle to successful parenting.
- The infant must be under three months of age at enrollment.
- Mothers or fathers must show that the services are needed.
- The family must reside within the program’s target service area.
Personalized Care for Pregnant Women and New Mothers
If you are pregnant or a mother facing challenges, it’s important to know that someone can help you. Arizona Health Start is here to help. Our home visitors can connect you with a variety of community organizations that provide health care, education, parenting resources, and application assistance for other programs. We will get to know you and your family, so we can help you get the resources you need. We understand your culture, because we live in your community. We also understand what you’re going through, because we’ve helped families just like yours.
If you are pregnant or have a child under the age of 2 and are interested in having additional support in accessing health care, education, or assistance programs, Arizona Health Start can help. The program is available throughout the state and is free for participants. Pregnant women and families with children enrolled in the program receive additional supports such as navigating access to prenatal care; family medical care; and assistance in applying for AHCCCS, WIC and other program that help you and your family thrive.
Benefits of Arizona Health Start:
- You’ll gain access to appropriate prenatal care for pregnant women.
- We provide access to appropriate family medical care.
- We’ll give application assistance for AHCCCS, WIC and other programs.
- Women will receive a health screening.
- We provide developmental screenings for children ages birth to age two.
Eligibility Requirements of Arizona Health Start:
- Must have primary residence located within the Contractor’s Program Site targeted service area.
- Pregnant and/or postpartum women with children under the age of 2.
- And one or more social risk factors.