Free Support for Parents to Build Strong Families
Let professional and highly trained home visitors support you and your family on your journey to success. Utilizing the nationally recognized SafeCare model, you will receive weekly visits that are divided into core focus areas: parent-child interaction, health and home safety. In each focus area or module, you will build on and strengthen your skills through a variety of interactive sessions.
In addition to enhancing your confidence and knowledge around parenting, you will also gain access to important community supports and have opportunities to take part in structured problem-solving activities as needed. SafeCare is the ideal partner for you and your family to strengthen the foundation for your family’s and children’s success. SafeCare is an evidence-based program that offers free help to families with young children.
Benefits of SafeCare:
- Evidence-based program;
- Free to participate;
- Establish a partnership with your family that supports positive parent-child interactions;
- Development screenings for your child;
- Connect you with community supports that meet your family’s needs;
- And much more.
Eligibility Requirements of SafeCare:
- Families must have a child birth to five years old;
- Participation is voluntary.
A Parent is a Child’s First Teacher
Your children have so much potential. As a parent, you have a unique opportunity to be their first teacher. That’s because most brain development occurs in the first few years of life, and you can make a difference. Parents As Teachers will show you how. Our Home Visitors will provide you with resources appropriate for your child’s stage of development. Through Parents As Teachers, you’ll develop a stronger relationship with your child and help prepare them for academic success.
Parents as Teachers is a free program for all parents with children younger than 5 years old. Learn how to effectively and meaningfully interact with your child to help them develop intellectually and emotionally and to help you form a deeper relationship and bond with your child.
Benefits of Parents As Teachers:
- This program is evidence-based and proven to work.
- Children who feel safe, healthy, and cared for can thrive.
- We’ll catch possible developmental challenges early on.
- We’ll connect you with a variety of community resources.
- Fun activities will deepen your relationship with your child.
Eligibility Requirements of Parents As Teachers:
- All parents-to-be and parents with children younger than 5 years old.
Parenting Help from Healthcare Professionals
Children don’t come with an instructional guide. So it’s only normal that new parents face challenges and doubt. In times like these, someone is here to help you. Nurse-Family Partnership is a community healthcare program that will connect you with a nurse home visitor. Through the visits, you will learn how you can best care for your child. Our goal is to help you become confident and assured in your parenting skills, so you and your child can look forward to a better future.
Nurse-Family Partnership is a free, evidence-based program designed to help pregnant people become successful, self-reliant parents. Our home visitor nurses start working with first-time parents while they are pregnant to prepare them for the challenges and the joys of parenthood. We help you develop new skills and feel confident in taking care of your child’s physical and emotional needs.
Benefits of Nurse-Family Partnership:
- This is an evidence-based program proven to work.
- We provide you with a variety of free educational resources.
- We build on the parenting skills you already have to help you become self-reliant.
Eligibility Requirements for the Nurse-Family Partnership:
- Prenatal first-time parents less than 28 weeks pregnant.
- Not enrolled in any other home visiting program.
- Income-based requirements based on household size.