- Home Visiting reduces healthcare costs and costs associated to incarceration and public assistance.
- Receiving a home visit the first four months of a pregnancies results 75% fewer low birth weight babies than those who did not.
- Children who received a home visit were 42.5% more likely to graduate from high school than children who didn’t receive a home visit.
- Young families who participate in home visiting report they feel more confident, capable, and hopeful for their children’s future.
- When families feel supported they are more likely to achieve their full potential.
- Home Visiting provides one-on-one, tailored counseling and education to families.
- At-risk children who participated in high-quality, voluntary home visiting programs had better cognitive and vocabulary scores by age 6.
- One home visitation program has been shown to reduce abuse and neglect among children of low income and high-risk mothers by 77%.
- Research shows that investing in early childhood is one of the best, most cost-effective choices states can make to benefit the economy.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Why Home Visiting?
The education and support provided by home visiting programs leaves young families more confident, capable and hopeful for their future and the future of their children.