Dear Home Visiting Professional:
Greetings from the Arizona Department of Health Services. It is my honor to welcome you to the 2017 Strong Families AZ Home Visiting Conference: Succeeding Through Partnership. The focus ofthe conference this year is the critical nature of partnerships. From the relationships that are built with families to the partnerships and collaboration developed with other service providers and among local implementing agencies and the state grantee. An established and quality relationship among all stakeholders supports the overall goal of supporting young families and giving children the best start in life.
You will have many opportunities throughout the conference to learn from and engage speakers and each other in exciting discussions about a variety of topics garnering attention in the home visiting field. We have the master story teller, Andy Goodman, to teach you how to tell the home visiting story in a way that is compelling and relatable. This year you will have the chance to engage with other home visitors in a World Cafe discussion group around home visiting. For those who want to really dive into a subject, we have our "Digging Deeper" sessions over a two-workshop period where you have the opportunity to really get an in-depth understanding of the subject.
We want to thank our conference sponsors for supporting this conference. We also want to thank the state agencies and more than sixty organizations statewide that comprise the Strong Families AZ Interagency Leadership Team and the Strong Families AZ Home Visiting Alliance. Through partnership and collective action, these groups have built a network of quality services that changes the trajectory of children's lives every day.
Thank you for attending the conference and investing time in your professional growth. At the core of all the success, we celebrate the home visitors who work tirelessly to improve the lives of young families.
Cara M. Christ, M.D., M.S.
Arizona Department of Health Services
Hotel Accommodations Reservation
Phoenix, Arizona 85020
602-866-7500 Reserve Your Accommodations
$99.00 per room per night plus 12.57% tax
Higher sleeping room occupancy may incur additional charges. Please inquire at the time of reservation.
Special conference rates are available September 2 through September 10, 2017 at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Hotel. Be sure to ask for the 2017 Strong Families AZ Home Visiting Conference when reserving your room by telephone. If you reserve your sleeping room through our web page, the discounted conference rate will automatically populate.
Parking for overnight hotel guests and daily attendees of the 2017 Strong Families AZ Home Visiting Conference is complimentary on site at the hotel, subject to availability. We strongly recommend carpooling.
- Please be prepared to provide a credit card as a guarantee at the time of reservation.
- Each overnight guest will be required to provide a valid driver’s license or other form of government-issued identification along with the credit/debit card upon arrival at the hotel to cover incidentals, personal charges, and room rate and tax.
- If you use a debit card to reserve or pay for your room and incidentals, please take note of the following: Most hotels will put an authorization hold for a minimum of $75.00 on your debit or credit card per night of your reservation to accommodate charges you may wish to make against your sleeping room. This only applies to overnight guests. If you charge services, food and beverage, etc. to your room, the front desk will show you the charges at check out. You are always welcome to remove the charges from the credit card and pay cash upon departure. Note that it may take up to 7-10 days to clear the authorization hold from your credit card. Please be sure that you have sufficient credit or funds in your debit account to accommodate for this standard hotel practice.
- If you do not have a credit card, you may provide $100.00 cash upon arrival during check in and this will be applied to your sleeping room account. With this option, no credit card is required, but you will not have charging privileges to your room account. Any unused monies from this deposit will be refunded to you upon departure.
- In the event that your organization is required to provide a credit card for incidentals on your behalf, you must request this option at least 7 days prior to arrival directly with the hotel. Please call 602-866-7500 and ask to talk to the front desk for assistance.
- Cancellations must be received no later than 72 hours prior to scheduled arrival or the guest will be charged a cancellation fee equal to one night’s room and tax on the credit card provided at the time of reservation.
- Complimentary parking on site at the hotel
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in sleeping rooms and public spaces
- Discounted sleeping room rate as indicated above
- Wired and wireless Internet access
- Separate living area
- Video check-out
- Hilton Serenity Bed & Bath™ collection
- Fully-stocked, refrigerated mini-bar
- Dual line telephones with data-ports
- Two TVs with expanded cable selections
- Peter Thomas Roth bath amenities
- Voice messaging
- Individually controlled air and heat
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Hilton Alarm Clock Radio
- Coffee maker