Dear Home Visiting Professional,
Greetings from the Arizona Department of Health Services. It is my honor to welcome you to the eighth annual Strong Families AZ Statewide and Tribal Home Visiting Conference, Home Visitors—You Build Strong Families. Our conference title recognizes the critical role home visitors play in strengthening Arizona families.
Once again, we have brought you exciting speakers from around the country including Dr. Ira Chasnoff to speak about working with addiction, Dr. Tommy Begay to explain the impact of historical trauma, and Robert Sege, MD, presenting his innovative HOPE: Health Outcomes From Positive Experiences program. In addition, we have Anne Meeker—Watson, PhD, bringing her unique form of learning for children with the Sing, Play, Love presentation, Kim Moore—Salas explaining the impact of trauma on breastfeeding and safe sleep practices, and Donna Beegle teaching us how to build relationships that matter and communicate more effectively with families who live in the crisis of poverty.
Workshops this year reﬂect the concerns shared with us by home visitors and address the following issues of interest: A Parent’s Perspective, Mental Health, Caring for Substance Exposed Newborns, and a cooking demonstration on low cost, healthy and easy to make dinners for busy mothers, as well as many others.
We want to thank our conference sponsors for supporting this conference. We also want to thank the state agencies and more than sixty organizations statewide that comprise the Strong Families AZ Interagency Leadership Team and the Strong Families AZ Home Visiting Alliance. Through partnership and collective action, these groups have built a network of quality services that changes the trajectory of children's lives every day.
Thank you for attending the conference and investing time in your professional growth. Please take this opportunity to network with others, share what you have learned, and listen to the experiences of others. At the core of all the success, we celebrate the home visitors who work tirelessly to improve the lives of young families.
Cara M. Christ, M.D.
Arizona Department of Health Services
Want to register to attend the Strong Families
Statewide and Tribal Home Visiting Conference 2019?
Thank you for your interest in the conference. Registrations are now sold out for 2019. We hope to see you in 2020.
If you are interested in joining our 2019 waiting list, please email your full contact information to Dave Ryder, Veer Consulting Conference Management, email@example.com. Thank you.
Hotel Accommodations Reservation
Phoenix, Arizona 85020
$105.00 per room per night plus 12.57% tax
Single or Double Occupancy
2019 Strong Families AZ Statewide and Tribal Home Visiting Conference
Reserve Your Accommodations
Higher sleeping room occupancy may incur additional charges. Please inquire at the time of reservation.
If you have questions or need assistance with your hotel reservations, kindly contact Dave Ryder at Veer Consulting Conference Management, 602-568-6277 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are requesting educational support for your accommodations and are completing the application, be sure to include your hotel confirmation number (10 digit number) on the form.
For the Tribal Home Visiting Conference on September 3, 2019, special conference rates are available September 1 through September 7, 2019 at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Hotel and are subject to space availability at the time of reservation. For the Home Visiting Conference, September 4-5, 2019, special conference rates are available September 2 through September 9, 2019 at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Hotel and are subject to space availability at the time of reservation. Be sure to ask for the 2019 Strong Families AZ Statewide and Tribal Home Visiting Conference when reserving your room by telephone. To reserve by telephone, please call 1-800-445-8667 and ask for Pointe Hilton Tapatio Hotel Reservations. If you reserve your sleeping room through our web page using the links above, the discounted conference rate will automatically populate.
Parking for overnight hotel guests and daily attendees of the 2019 Strong Families AZ Statewide and Tribal Home Visiting Conference is complimentary on site at the hotel, subject to availability. We strongly recommend carpooling.
- Please be prepared to provide a credit card as a guarantee at the time of reservation.
- Each overnight guest will be required to provide a valid driver’s license or other form of government-issued identification along with the credit/debit card upon arrival at the hotel to cover incidentals, personal charges, and room rate and tax.
- If you use a debit card to reserve or pay for your room and incidentals, please take note of the following: Most hotels will put an authorization hold for a minimum of $75.00 on your debit or credit card per night of your reservation to accommodate charges you may wish to make against your sleeping room. This only applies to overnight guests. If you charge services, food and beverage, etc. to your room, the front desk will show you the charges at check out. You are always welcome to remove the charges from the credit card and pay cash upon departure. Note that it may take up to 7-10 days to clear the authorization hold from your credit card. Please be sure that you have sufficient credit or funds in your debit account to accommodate for this standard hotel practice.
- If you do not have a credit card, you may provide $100.00 cash upon arrival during check in and this will be applied to your sleeping room account. With this option, no credit card is required, but you will not have charging privileges to your room account. Any unused monies from this deposit will be refunded to you upon departure.
- In the event that your organization is required to provide a credit card for incidentals on your behalf, you must request this option at least 7 days prior to arrival directly with the hotel. Please call 602-866-7500 and ask to talk to the front desk for assistance.
- Cancellations must be received no later than 72 hours prior to scheduled arrival or the guest will be charged a cancellation fee equal to one night’s room and tax on the credit card provided at the time of reservation.
- Complimentary parking on site at the hotel
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in sleeping rooms and public spaces
- Discounted sleeping room rate as indicated above
- Wired and wireless Internet access
- Separate living area
- Video check-out
- Hilton Serenity Bed & Bath™ collection
- Fully-stocked, refrigerated mini-bar
- Dual line telephones with data-ports
- Two TVs with expanded cable selections
- Peter Thomas Roth bath amenities
- Voice messaging
- Individually controlled air and heat
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Hilton Alarm Clock Radio
- Coffee maker